Our Travel Procedures as we work together:
Sixth Star Travel is a full-service professional travel team dedicated to taking your travel dreams and turning them into reality. Each member of our team has 20+ years of experience in all aspects of the travel industry. We can arrange individual and family travel, group travel, incentive travel, and charters in all travel areas (tours, cruise, air, etc.). Our goal is thorough planning, execution, and follow-through, to create an unforgettable travel memory. This is accomplished using our experience, attention to detail, skills, and connections to bring together each and every one of your personal, once-in-a-lifetime travel experiences. With each experience, we will work closely with you to obtain an understanding of your expectations, knowing they can vary with each itinerary.
As your trusted travel advisors, Sixth Star Travel realizes our responsibility to you and provides value to every aspect of your trip. Your travel is a personal experience that does not lend itself to "internet" planning. We are here to collaborate with you, take your ideas, make recommendations, and suggestions to enhance your travel experience and use our best-preferred suppliers. Our membership in Virtuoso, along with our business structure and travel connections, provides value-added benefits only available through Sixth Star Travel.
Your travel planning should begin as soon as you have decided on your travel dates. Please confirm as far in advance as possible. We charge an initial planning fee, which may need to be amended as the trip progresses. Our planning and trip management fee varies, depending on the complexity and the booking timeline of your trip. This fee is non-refundable and is charged to your credit card at the initial stage of planning.
What to expect:
• We will have an initial discussion of your trip including dates, your ideas, your questions, and our recommendations. This discussion is generally via phone, however, if we live in your area, we are available to meet with you personally. We will also gather profile information if we have not worked together on previous trips. For all international travel, we require a copy of the passport photo page of everyone traveling.
• Based on our discussions, we will then proceed with contacting the best suppliers for your particular trip.
• If airfare is needed, we will compare rates with the land or cruise supplier involved and compare rates available to us through all our sources, including our airline consolidators. All airfares are non-refundable unless stated otherwise. Our airline fees are per ticket and are an additional fee. Changes to your airline tickets incur fees charged by the airlines.
• We will always offer a complete program including ground transportation, hotel accommodations, tour, sightseeing, and other services we have discussed.
• A full proposal will be provided to you. From this proposal, adjustments can be made and confirmed with your approval. Information on deposits, final payments, and cancellation policies are provided upfront and on your deposit confirmation. Please be sure to review for accuracy.
• A final itinerary, with all travel details, will be provided to you as a PDF as well as via an electronic version, which can be downloaded to your phone or tablet. Details of each service will be listed as well as confirmation and local contact information. Your final itinerary is a valuable part of your trip and should be referred to often, while traveling. Most suppliers no longer send actual documents.
• Changes to your itinerary can be made as requested. We include 2 additional revisions from the original proposal at no cost. Further revisions, beyond the 2 included, will be charged accordingly. This is in addition to any charges levied by the supplier.
• We offer 24/7 ongoing coverage while you are traveling, with support from both the Florida and St. Louis location.
• We will follow-up with you after you return to discuss your trip.
With the exception of Sixth Star Travel charges, all payments are charged by the suppliers providing arrangements.
If you find you need to cancel any confirmed services or your entire trip, Sixth Star Travel will charge a cancellation fee based on the particular circumstances. Suppliers may also charge cancellation fees. These suppliers include but are not limited to airlines, hotels, tour operators, ground suppliers and others used in confirming your travel.
Trip Insurance and Medical Evacuation Coverage:
Sixth Star Travel strongly recommends purchasing Travel Insurance to cover your investment and personal well-being. A quote will be provided for every trip. Travel insurance covers Trip Cancellation for Covered reasons, Trip Interruption, Emergency Medical and Emergency Medical Evacuation/Reparation, Trip Delay, Baggage Delay, and other details per the policy. Additional Private Medical Evacuation Coverage may be purchased, to include transportation to the hospital of your choice, when traveling 150 or more miles from home. Please discuss with your advisor.
Opting not to purchase travel insurance, will require a signed waiver stating you have been offered travel insurance for your trip and are taking on the full responsibility with regard to medical and trip cancellation coverage.
The information listed above outlines our services to you. We will also provide deposit and final payment reminders, assist with obtaining passports and visas, send out passport renewal reminders at least 9 months prior to the expiration of your passport, request VIP status as you travel, check in with our suppliers during the course of your trip for updates, reconfirm your travel arrangements as you’re traveling and will be there for your entire trip, taking care of every detail.
We’re here to create wonderful and memorable travel experiences that you will treasure and speak about for years to come. The greatest compliment we can receive are your referrals. Let’s get together to plan your next travel experiences. Thank you for your continued support!
Thank you for your continued support!
The Sixth Star Travel Team